The W & J Yates, Blackburn, 600hp cross compound steam engine built in 1884 is currently under restoration and is only available for viewing by those visitors who have pre-booked a guided tour. Please see details of our guided tour options here.
This engine drove a weaving shed at Jubilee Mill, Padiham, near Burnley in Lancashire. Jubilee Mill closed in the mid 1980s and the engine was later dismantled and relocated to Masson Mills.
See original archive film below, dating from 1976, when the steam engine was working at Jubilee Mill, Padiham. (By kind permission of David Arnfield, Grane Mill).